Stroke is a condition which usually happens when the blood which is flowing to the brain has stopped and the brain cells begin dying.
Stroke can actually happen to every person regardless of age, and according to Medicine.Net. , there are more than a third of those hospitalized are under 65 years old. All the huge risk factors are high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure and smoking as well.
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke highlight that time is also one extremely important thing when some person is having a stroke.
What can actually avoid long-term disability or even death is a treatment within the hour. No matter if you believe it or not, there are actually some warning signs for a stroke before it happens.
Some of those signs can happen in hours, some in days and sometimes weeks in advance.
In today’s article, we are going to present you the 7 early warning signs of stroke. Here they are:
1. Does the other side of your face look lopsided or droopy? Stroke ORG has recommended asking the person who is affected to smile so that you can eventually see if they have an uneven or lopsided smile.
2. Those people who are suffering from stroke can usually have some unexpected weakness or numbness in their body, and it is also commonly concentrated only on just one side. WebMD have recommended asking the person that is affected to raise their arms above their head, in order to see if he/she can do that. Is one arm significantly lower than the other one?
3. Those people who are affected by a stroke can also have some troubles in speaking clearly and the speaking clearly and they also have the tendency to slur their own words. HealthLine have recommended asking the person that is affected to repeat what they were saying before in order to make sure whether they are slurring or not.
4. According to WebMD, some unexpected and severe headache can be also seen as a symptom, particularly when it is combined with some other symptoms. You have to remember that a couple of these symptoms can also happen in the case of migraine, so it will be worth asking the person who is affected if the headache is out of the ordinary for them. If you have some doubts, you can call and ask your doctor.
5. According to the recommendations of Medicine.Net, some unexpected double-vision or blindness in one eye can be a symptom of an approaching stroke.
6. The Stroke Association has also listed some unexpected confusion as one of the symptoms of stroke. This can actually mean that an uncharacteristic inability to understand other people or even to articulate your thoughts.
7. According to Medicine Net, those people who are suffering from stroke may experience some unexpected problems with their balance, as well as with coordination. If you are not sure, you could ask the person who is affected to touch his/her finger to his/her nose, or even walk in a straight line.
Remember that time is extremely important when you or someone else has been showing the early symptoms of a stroke, and if you would not remember all of the signs we mentioned above, then memorize this simple pneumonic from the American Stroke Association: F.A.S.T.:
Face drooping + Arm weakness + Speech difficulty = Time to call an ambulance.