1.DIY Rolled Ice Cream
You’ve probably seen rolled ice cream all over your Instagram feed, but you can actually make this Thai dessert recipe at home. And the best part: There’s no fancy equipment required, just a sheet pan. Oh, and all you need is heavy cream, condensed milk, salt, and whatever toppings you like best. Looks like ice cream dreams do come true.
for 4 servings
1 pt heavy cream(480 mL)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pinch salt
- topping of your choice
- Whisk the heavy cream, condensed milk, and salt in a bowl.
- Pour the mixture over a half sheet pan, or multiple quarter sheet pans. Make sure the ice cream base just barely covers the bottom. It should be ¼-inch (6 mm) thick or less.
- Sprinkle any chopped-up toppings you would like. With a whisk, mix the toppings into the ice cream base to ensure they’re evenly distributed.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. Make sure to also put your scrapers and ice cream bowls in the freezer so the ice cream doesn’t melt while rolling.
- After the ice cream is frozen solid, remove from the freezer and quickly place the metal spatula/paint scraper at an 45° angle against the edge of the pan, pushing carefully forward. If the ice cream needs a little help forming, use a butter knife to push the sheet of cream into the roll.
- Place the rolled ice cream in a chilled bowl and top with any toppings you desire.
CLICK NEXT TO READ MORE….