With the pineapple diet, you spend five days eating one of the most nutritious, dense fruits. And let’s be honest, pineapple is very tasty!
The basis of the pineapple diet is simple: you eat pineapple along with other nutritious foods for five days. The trick is to replace some of the less nutritious foods with pineapple. But the main thing is that you can follow this diet for only five days.Anything more, and you’re doing more harm than good.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PINEAPPLE DIET AND OTHER DIETS
The pineapple diet is a mono diet. What does that mean? That means it’s a highly restrictive diet. Gradual diets are not as restrictive, and you can follow them for more than one week. On the other hand, anything more than five days on the pineapple diet, and you’re risking a threat to your health.
The trick with this diet is to adopt it only when you need to get rid of a few extra pounds. You can adopt the diet occasionally, but not on a regular basis. In the past few years, mono diets have been demonized, and some rightfully so. They are quite drastic and last way too long. But the pineapple diet is different because it doesn’t last long.
HOW PINEAPPLE IMPROVES YOUR WEIGHT LOSS PROGRAM
Let’s take a look at some benefits of consuming pineapple.
- Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme that reduces inflammation. For those of you who don’t know, inflammation causes weight gain by causing hormonal imbalances.
- Pineapple also improves digestion, which in turn cleanses the colon. By ensuring proper digestion, pineapple reduces bloating and sheds pounds.
- Bromelain also improves absorption of important nutrients. This slows down bowel movement and suppresses your appetite. You feel fuller for longer, which prevents cravings and stress eating.
- Pineapple is rich in dietary fiber.
- Last, but not least, pineapple contains vitamin B, which helps you stay active and increases your energy production.
ONE-DAY MEAL PLAN
This is how a typical day looks during the five days of following the diet.
For breakfast, you get 2-3 slices of pineapple with 1 cup of low-fat yogurt and oatmeal. Your first snack includes 1 glass of pineapple juice and one hard-boiled egg.
Lunch is usually the versatile meal. You can choose to eat grilled tuna with 1 cup of pineapple. Another option is a simple broth prepared with vegetables of your choice.Aside from tuna, you can also grill one fillet of chicken. Your afternoon snack is again a glass of pineapple juice and low-fat yogurt.
For dinner, go for chicken and pineapple salad. This salad also includes tomatoes and asparagus.
For your lunch and dinner, you can combine any fish, chicken, or turkey fillet with pineapple. For even bigger benefits, some people consume a cup of green tea or a glass of apple cider vinegar and honey in the morning before breakfast. This helps you flush even more toxins.