It’s very important to pay attention to the health of the bones. As we age, our bones face different problems. Many people experience changes faster than other people. Osteoporosis is one condition which commonly appears in people. It is characterized by decreased bone mass and brittle bones. It can be seen in men and in women.
While we’re in the teen years, the bones aren’t lengthened, but what happens is that the bone mass increases. This is a period when weakened and damaged body tissues are expelled from the body. New tissues replace them. The bones become denser and stronger. This is actually a mechanism for bone rebuilding that weakens, so the bone mass is gradually lost.
The bone mass can be improved with different strategies: use a diet and supplements to rebuild your bone tissue, decrease the stimuli found to kick the processes which absorb bones in the body and try to build more bones when you’re younger. Think of it like you’re saving some bones for the period when you retire. Even some small parts will affect the end balance.
Your diet and lifestyle can help you strengthen your bones naturally. The quality of your whole life will be improved, too.
- Many people are wrong thinking that this is the main thing we need in order to build bones.
- Other people think that dairy products are the ones we need to consume in order to supply our body with calcium. But, what if that’s wrong?
- Calcium in our body declines with age. This is a mineral needed for many other processes like blood clotting and neural transmission.
- Our body regulates the supply of calcium inside our bloodstream.
- If it decreases much, our organism steals it from our bones.
- We should take about 1.000 mg of calcium every day, but everyone should consult their doctor.
- The best form of calcium that can be absorbed really easily is calcium citrate.